I am forever at sea.
Well.. Today I think I experienced enough pain to last me the 5 years this thing is supposed to last. I decided to get the mirena. For many reasons. Let’s just start with… Take medicine before you get it done if you’re planning to do it. I took 3 aleve walking into the doctors office and I was still in some pretty bad pain. The insertion wasn’t that bad, it was tolerable and I could probably go through it again. It was really just uncomfortable mostly. The worst part was the cramps after. I don’t really cramp when I get my period but I could hardly even walk after this and I didn’t speak the whole way home because I probably would’ve busted out in tears. Definitely the worst part. So I got home got on live and played some cod to try and take my mind off of if. Definitely worked, about an hour after I got home I didn’t gave any cramps at all, which was great. I got the mirena around 11:20 this morning it’s now 12:58 am and all I’ve taken all day was the 3 aleve. I took a nap around 3 something today and now only have light cramping. Hardly even noticeable, and zero spotting!!! How awesome is that! I think the mirena is definitely going to be a great choice for me.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
The fact that this has to exist is ridiculous. So sad.